I only recently discovered this meme but I thought it really cool and decided to give it a try! I’ve already revealed some stuff about my avatar and me but I’ll try to come up with some facts you may not have known.
1. I first created my avatar 3 years ago, forgot about her, and then only recently rejoined (but you would know that if you read my first blog post). The part you don’t know is that what kickstarted me playing again was that I was really bored one day and decided to have a CSI marathon…..I think you all know where this is going. I saw the episode of CSI: NY where the assassin uses Second Life to find her targets. The graphics sucked and it was not that well portrayed but I thought “what the hell?!”, I’ll login and see how much it’s changed.
2. Okay so this one is kinda pathetic but I have worse social anxiety in-world than I do out. I can’t tell you how many times someone will say something to me and then I’ll just freak out and TP away like a scared rabbit. It’s really sad, I know. I’m working on it.
3. I am a complete and utter solo-player. The only people in my friend list are people I met when I first started 3 years ago but are now just old accounts that no longer exist. I am not the one to friend request people, and no one has requesting me in a while so that’s that.
4. I’ve made all my money by hunting Rise shields and gems.
5. I’ve never owned land but it is a dream of mine to have a really badass LEA sim, I just haven’t had the time to design anything. Plus I don’t know how to sculpt or script so who knows if I’d even be able to translate my idea from RL to SL.
6. I have only made about 8 outfits total and when I make a new one I will wear it for about a month straight. I don’t really spend any linden on clothes, I’m saving up for land.
7. I’m creating a book about my avatar and my experiences with her. I’ve mentioned before that I’m a graphic design student in real life and for our final project this term we must design and create a book (at least 50 pages) about what influences us. I decided to do something that no one else in my class would and so I chose online worlds as my inspiration. My theme, since we have to choose one, is alter egos. I didn’t intend to focus on my own experiences but once I let the cat out of the bag and let slip to my teacher that I play online games, she thought it a great idea and told me to take it and run with it.
Here are a couple of sample looks at some spreads I’m working on for the book:
Let me know what you think, more to come later.